- 16 apr
Nature in schools and school in Protected Areas
The project "Nature in schools and school in Protected Areas" aims to raise awareness among the general public about the role and importance of protected natural areas by stimulating their visits, increasing the capacity of teachers and staff in protected areas to provide environmental education and children's involvement in Junior Ranger hands-on activities.
What is "Nature in schools and school in Protected Areas"?
• An initiative to substantiate a national education program on the importance of nature conservation carried out in partnership with 16 partners, national and natural parks, Natura 2000 sites;
• An opportunity to participate in environmental education camps and interact with children from local communities in protected areas;
• A means of promoting protected areas by using the "Children's Passport in Protected Areas".
What is the "Passport of children in protected areas"?
• a travel diary in the protected areas visited, which can be completed by children and students;
• a selection of information about protected areas and about educational programs dedicated to children (camps, excursions on thematic routes, etc.);
• a support for questions, impressions, information collected during the visits that children make in protected areas;
• a binder for self-adhesives with representative images and photos from protected areas.
Beneficiaries / target groups are children and visitors to protected areas, teachers, members of environmental NGOs, natural area administrators and various interested companies.
Implementation period: 2014-2016
The total budget of the project is 160,808.71 Euro, of which the amount of 144,616.27 Euro represents the contribution of the EEA grants, 2009-2014, within the NGO Fund program in Romania.
- Asociaţia Ecouri Verzi,
- Asociaţia Grupul Milvus,
- Societatea Carpatina Ardeleană,
- Clubul de Ecologie şi Turism Montan Albamont,
- Administraţia Parcului Natural Comana,
- Administraţia Parcului Naţional Călimani,
- Administraţia Parcului Naţional Retezat,
- Administraţia Parcului Naţional Cheile Bicazului Haşmaş,
- Administraţia Parcului Naţional Piatra Craiului,
- Administraţia Parcului Naţional Munţii Rodnei,
- Administraţia Parcului Natural Grădiştea Muncelului Cioclovina,
- Administraţia Parcului Natural Vânatori Neamţ,
- Administraţia Parcului Naţional Domogled Valea Cernei,
- Administraţia Parcului Natural Lunca Mureşului,
- Administraţia Parcului Natural Bucegi,
- Administraţia Natura 2000 Trascău