The authorized courses offered by ProPark – Foundation for Protected Area are an opportunity for everyone to learn about a new job and to specialize in a complex field, with no previous experience in Protected Areas. The used methods are following officially regulated procedures undergoing an authorized examination by the end of each module. Participants under 65 years old will receive a graduation Certificate authorized by the Work, Family and Social Protection Ministry and for elderly people this certificate will be authorized by the National Education Ministry.
„Ranger Services”: capacity building program authorized A.N.C for the Ranger job, code C.O.R 511315. The field personnel acquired skills that contribute to activities in maintaining habitat and species of community interest and to regulating activities that can impact them.
• Protected Areas – role, relevance, benefits, vision
• Communication with visitors and visitor management
• Role and requirements of the Ranger
• Monitoring and conservation management
• Conflict resolution management
• Volunteer management
• Protected Area legislation
• Monitoring techniques (field)
„Community relation responsible”: capacity building program authorized by the A.N.C. for the job Community development facilitator, Code C.O.R 341204. We form specilists capable of contributing to the active implication of communities in the administration of Protected Areas for the harmonious management of the common territories.
„Protected Area Officer”: capacity building program authorized by A.N.C for the job of Protected Area Specialist, code C.O.R 213306. The job is specific in the field of nature protection following the elaboration and implementation of plans and actions in order to protect, conserve, remake and reduce, prevent the further deterioration of the country’s natural heritage, considering European and national conservation policies, as well as detailed studies from the Protected Areas where the activities are undergoing.
• Ensuring measures for the biodiversity conservation in Protected Areas
• Maintaining the integrity of Protected Areas
• Ensuring visitor management in the Protected Area
• Educating the public regarding the Protected Area
„Communicator for Protected Areas”: capacity building program authorized by A.N.C. for the job Public Relation and Communication Assistant, code C.O.R 342906.
• Organizing integrated communication campaigns
• Evaluating public relation program efficiency
• Streamlining communication in organizations
• Maintaining mass-media relations
• Preparing work meetings
„Ecological Education Officer”: the necessary skills to develop animation activities for nature, aimed at children aged 7 to 14, by acquiring basic theoretical knowledge, practical knowledge, by testing and experimenting with animations and by adopting a behavior suitable for the animator in nature.
ProPark courses are a support for administrators, custodians or newly hired staff in conservation field to better understand what it means to manage a protected area (including Natura 2000 sites) and what knowledge is needed for effective management. The duration of each seminar differs depending on the topic, from 2 days (seminars with a single topic) to 12 days (complex modules, authorized by the National Qualifications Authority).
"Protected area management: basic elements" notions and basic elements necessary for the management of protected areas.
"Operational management of protected areas": system of protected areas, legislation, management functions of protected area administrations, efficient management of a protected area.
"Elaboration of the management plan": content and procedures for the elaboration of the regulation and the management plan of a protected area, coordination of the participatory process of elaboration of the regulation and of the adaptable management plan.
"Introduction to GIS": introductory notions, coordinate systems, types of data used, integration of data from various sources, making maps.
“Biodiversity Conservation Management”: Biodiversity Conservation Definition and Concept, Practical Recommendations and Examples of Conservation Management Programs.
Course "National and European legislation on protected areas": interpretation of the relevant legislation for protected areas, ways and tools of knowledge and recognition of measures to prevent and stop illegal activities.
"Environmental impact assessment / Environmental assessment: procedural steps" course: steps and procedures, assessment methods and responsible factors.
"Communication - basics": communication solutions through a flexible, innovative and self-confident approach, developing the skills to collaborate with others and to improve their communication techniques.
"Communication for protected areas - extended mode": advanced training course in communication, authorized by the National Qualifications Authority, Code C.O.R. 342906, issued by the Ministry of Labor, Family, Social Protection and the Elderly and the Ministry of National Education.
"Management of volunteers": assessment of the needs of the organization and the community, planning and management of the program: recruitment, coordination, loyalty, training and evaluation.
"Animation techniques for nature and ecological education": conduct of the animator for nature, preparation of animation activities for nature, addressed to children (7 and 14 years).
ProPark courses are a landmark for professional and personal development, and offer directions for conflict management, creative problem solving and improving interpersonal relationships. Volunteering and nature animation are two other seminars that practice effective communication, adapted to the concrete needs of the target groups.
“Communication-basics”: developing the skills to collaborate with others and improving communication, personal development and presentation techniques.
• what is communication,
• barriers to communication,
• nonverbal communication,
• active listening, assertiveness, constructive feedback,
• public presentation,
• external communication (basic information),
• organizing meetings (logistics).
"Communication for protected areas - extended mode": advanced training course in communication, authorized by the National Qualifications Authority Code C.O.R. 342906, issued by the Ministry of Labor, Family, Social Protection and the Elderly and the Ministry of National Education.
• organizing integrated communication campaigns,
• evaluating the effectiveness of public relations programs,
• streamlining communication in the organization,
• maintaining relations with the media,
• preparation of working meetings.
"Volunteer Management" coordinating volunteer activities in an organization.
• management of volunteers in protected areas,
• assessing the needs of the organization and the community,
• program planning and management,
• volunteer recruitment, coordination, loyalty and training of volunteers,
• program evaluation.
"Animation techniques for nature and ecological education" obtaining the necessary skills to carry out animation activities for nature, aimed at children aged 7 to 14, by acquiring basic theoretical knowledge, practical knowledge, by testing and experimenting animations and by adopting a behavior appropriate to the animator for nature.
ProPark courses are a support for administrators, custodians or new staff hired by experienced administrators to understand the importance of ecotourism and nature interpretation in the complex vision of managing a protected area.
"Ecotourism and visitor management in protected areas": organized in partnership with the Romanian Ecotourism Association.
• notions of tourism and ecotourism,
• the concept of ecotourism destination,
• visitor management plan
• the strategy for developing a sustainable tourism for a destination,
• initiating the visit strategy for a protected area.
"Thematic routes and elements of nature interpretation": planning the interpretation and integration of the elements of interpretation in the management plan and in the management plan of the visitors (visiting strategy).
• techniques for interpreting nature and elements of local culture and tradition,
• interpreting nature with the help of a ranger / guide,
• organizing education or ecotourism programs,
• planning a thematic path for the preparation of a financing project,
• implementation of interpretation techniques on a thematic path,
• exemplification in the field on a model path, completed in Călimani National Park,
• basics in planning visitor centers.
“Responsible forest management”: Target group: specialized forestry staff, with higher education, involved in the forest management process within the Forestry Schools and Directorates.
• forest management certification,
• forests with high conservation value,
• dead wood,
• introductory notions of protected areas,
• climatic changes.
"Management of natural resources in protected areas":
Topics: Sustainable use of forests and sustainable water management: strategic perspective, stakeholder involvement, biodiversity/ wildlife management measures; the importance of working with other sectors (water / forestry, hunting, tourism), influencing the sectoral strategy and sustainable development.
“High Conservation Land Management”: Supporting locals and community organizations to benefit from high conservation agricultural land through sustainable, income-generating and well-being activities.
Other courses: "Strategic Planning", "Green Business Management"