- 08 ian
Are you a motivated, well-organized, dynamic, communicative person who works well in stressful situations? Do you like action and well done? Do you like to work in a team? Then we want you with us!
Propark - Protected Areas Foundation opens a position for a Technical Officer with communication and project management skills. Interested candidates should submit their CV and a covering letter to the firstname.lastname@example.org until January 16, 2019. The interview will take place on 21 January 2019 Start Date: February 1, 2019.
The criteria for selecting resumes and letter of intent are as follows:
Position: Technical specialist with communication skills and small project management - full time, in Brasov, for a fixed period of 1 year, with the possibility of extension
Propark - Foundation for Protected Areas is the leading training programs for protected areas and conservation of biodiversity in Romania and an active player in regional and international level, the promoter of innovative approaches to Eastern Europe and beyond. For ten years, the Propark Foundation has been active in conceiving and conducting training sessions and programs and developing tools and technical solutions for the professionalization of Protected Areas management in Romania.
- higher education, preferably in the fields of communication, natural sciences, public relations or the like. Communication experience for NGOs or businesses is an advantage
- experience in project management
- basic knowledge about the management of protected natural areas (experience in the field is an asset)
- good communication and interpersonal skills
- good organizational skills
- knowledge of advanced English (written and spoken)
- advanced knowledge using electronic communication (eg Facebook)
- knowledge of graphic design is an advantage
- advanced knowledge of the use of office software packages (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Internet applications (eg Google forms, docs, Moodle) and communication platforms (eg Go to Meetings)
- driving license cat B (experience required)
- availability for trips in the country.
Your work will involve:
- Complete and track the implementation of the organization's communication strategy
- Publishing press releases, organizational presentations, articles for the website, newsletter, brochures, etc.
- Updating the organization's website with information that other team members make available;
- Ensure that your organization's social accounts are updated (Facebook, etc);
- Promoting events and seminars of the organization (making invitations, keeping in touch with those invited to various events, contact point for further information, follow-up);
- Maintain contact with suppliers specializing in the production of communication materials (including website) and the elaboration of communication materials;
- Participation in the elaboration of the communication plan and follow-up of its implementation;
- Participation in the preparation of annual activity reports;
- Conducting communication activities on the projects under implementation;
- Representing the organization at the events it invites.
Project management activities
- Small project management by ensuring the implementation of the activities and achieving the results foreseen in the project;
- Making purchases of services and goods, making contracts with suppliers;
- Coordinates the flow of project documents;
- Managing the project budget in accordance with applicable internal procedures and funding conditions;
- Reporting to the financier.
Other support activities
- Organization of logistics meetings, workshops, training sessions, etc
- Participation in project development
* photo by Dan Dinu